Tuesday, June 26, 2007

An Angel from South Africa


Our beautiful child has come. From a far off land whose rivers are the blood flowing through our veins. She's Boipelo Tshegofatso Masenya, which means blessed; our little girl from South Africa.

Dawn and I have been patiently waiting for this day, thinking that it would never get here. We even had our personal reservations about hosting a child, but those reservation quickly turned to joy and overwhelming fulfillment when we laid eyes on her at the airport. She's so wonderful, loving and happy. I've cried twice just being in her presence. Its like being in the presence of God. She loves us unconditionally as we love her. I can't tell you the last time I felt some warm and touched by such an experience. Although this is my third time hosting, it already feels somewhat more meaningful. Perhaps its because my loving wife is so happy and overjoyed. The two of them bonded instantly. She will not leave Dawn's side. Kinda how Newman follows me around.

When we first got home she told us how she was selected to come to the US. She described feeling so happy that she cried. She said her mother also cried. It was also at that time that I cried too. It just touched me in such a deep place. She wasn't home for half an hour before Dawn pulled me aside and said "I want to adopt her". I think she meant it. I told Dawn that i am so proud of her. She giving every ounce of herself to Boipelo and I can already see how much Dawn is getting back. And the beauty in all of this is that she's not looking for any return. Its truly unconditional.

Dawn gave her a bubble bath after we spent some time talking and giving her some gifts. After taking her bath she put on her new clothe that her momma Dawn bought her(and you know she hooked her up), we went to the mall were we bought a few more things and eat. It was a fun time. While we were at the mall I ran into an old friend that I use to mess around with, I introduced everyone and told her that our little girl was from SA. My old friend look at Dawn and asked her "you from SA too". Dawn nodded her head as to say yes. While laughing, I said "yeah she's from South Charlotte". We all got a big kick out of that.

Once we got home it was bed time. Boipelo put on her PJ's and I read her the story Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters. It was our time together and boy did we bond. The story is about loving everyone you come in contact with because you never know who it is your meeting. Its a beautiful story and she loved it. The book is wonderfully illustrated. After reading the book, I read her the sermon on the mount. She'd been fighting sleep all day and I believe it was the sermon that kick started the sleep. The minute I read "blessed are the.............she feel fast asleep.

Just one in a 1000 beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment