Sunday, February 18, 2007

Pride of the Maxwell Family


Allison has worked hard throughout her academic career. As a little girl barely able to talk, she could count, add and subtract. For fun, her grandfather, my dad, used to let her play with an old 100 pound adding machine. That machine was actually dangerous. It could cut off a finger if you got one caught in the part that actually struck the tape. Nonetheless, Allie knew how to handle that machine, even if she couldn't pick it up. My dad would set for hours with her and play store. She was the cashier and he was always the customer.
Allie will be graduating from Hampton University on Mother's Day. What a gift to he mom and dad, who gladly sacrificed and worked hard so that she could achieve whatever she wanted to achieve. Well, she's done. And by the way, she graduated in three years and is already working on her MBA.The whole family is planing a road trip.
One of a thousand beautiful things.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet!! Tears came to my eyes! I remember playing with my pillow and I miss him terribly!! Love you so much!! Can't wait for you to get here :-)

    ReplyDelete