Friday, March 16, 2007

Coffee at Momma D's

Last weekend Dawn and I spent the weekend in Charleston, SC with Momma D, my wonderful mother-in-law. I thoroughly enjoy myself every time we visit. Everyone is always warm and friendly. Momma D is a celebrity in Charleston. I think she's introduced me to more people than I can count. She lovingly introduces me as her SON. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

One of the things that I like about not only being in Charleston but waking up in Momma D's house, is my morning cup of coffee. When its cold outside, the fire place is always burning. There's the ever present sound of Christian music and talk coming from the radio placed in the dinning room. I sit in Momma D's chair where she often reads her bible, the morning paper or just relaxes after work. The warm light from the lamp illuminates the small round table that holds it. It's like the table and lamp are working together just to please whoever is sitting in the chair. Starbucks has nothing on Momma D's.

Dawn is usually upstairs catching up with old friends and the latest gossip. Momma D is checking on me, making sure I've got my morning cup of coffee. Just one of a thousand beautiful things. BTW, she gave me this wonder "The Color Purple" mug during our last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment